Want Upcoming Book About Stopping Rise of Violence in Young Men?

Guest Serabh

Guest Serabh
Hi AALBC,

I wanted to offer you a physical advanced copy of lawyer and community activist Jamil Jivani's upcoming book, WHY YOUNG MEN: The Dangerous Allure of Violent Movements and What We Can Do About It in exchange for a book review. Other bloggers interested in reviewing it can check it out on Netgalley (link below).

why young men thumb.png
Request on Netgalley.com

WHY YOUNG MEN is the story of Jivani’s education as an activist on the front lines of the explosion of violence among angry young men throughout the world. Jivani relates his personal story and describes his entrance into the community outreach movement, his work with disenfranchised people of color and at-risk youth world-wide, and his experiences with the white working class. Jivani also profiles a diverse array of young men and interviews those who are trying to help them. He draws parallels between these groups, refuting the popular belief that they are radically different from each other, and offers concrete steps toward countering this global violence trend.

I hope I have piqued your interest in this book, and I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Sara Beth
St. Martin's Press