Book Review Request

Hi. I am kindly requesting a review of my just published novel, "A Darkness Unto the Dawn". My name is R.A. St. James and I am the author. In a nutshell, this book is the story of a group of ex-military vigilantes that have seen enough of innocent black people being murdered by racist/incompetent police officers and decide to do something about it. A reader recently described it as "#BlackLivesMatter meets The A-Team meets Death Wish".  All the pertinent information is below. Thank you so much for your time and consideration!

Author: R.A. St. James

Title: A Darkness Unto the Dawn

ISBN: 978-1-7361079-1-1

Publication Date: 12/01/20

Synopsis:

How much is one man willing to sacrifice to prove that black lives matter?

Ishmael “Ish” Carter is an African American computer whiz. He left his successful software company to proudly fight for his country against the Taliban.

But he’s disturbed by the dramatic increase in news reports of innocent black people murdered by ‘bad’ cops.

He’s haunted by the fact that the same country he’s put his life on the line for still maintains a system of racism that treats so many of its black citizens as though their lives were worthless.

When his young daughter is killed in yet another senseless police shooting, his days of sitting idly by are over. Together with a small group of like-minded individuals, Carter brings his military prowess and years of pent-up anger to the streets to right some wrongs.

FBI Special Agent Dexter Madden is a black man working hard to maintain justice and stay impartial in an America rampant with bigotry, discrimination and hate. It’s his job to stop this so-called ‘domestic terrorist group’, even as he sympathizes with their cause. To complicate matters, certain powers-that-be would rather they be captured dead than alive.

As the black militants set their sights on various corrupt members of law enforcement, Madden finds himself in an untenable situation. He’s caught between loyalty to his job and loyalty to his people. One wrong move could cost him everything, including his life.

Carter and Madden are two African American men on opposite sides of a battle neither can afford to lose.

Find out what happens when they go toe-to-toe in a fight for justice in this timely, gut-wrenching, vigilante crime thriller!

7x10.jpg