Last Stop on Market Street
by Matt De La Peña, Illustrated by Christian Robinson
- 1 Time AALBC.com Bestselling Book!
- Coretta Scott King Award Winning Book 2016
- Newbery Medal Winner or Honor 2018
- Caldecott Medal Winner or Honor 2018
Publication Date: Jan 08, 2015
List Price: $16.99
Format: Hardcover, 32 pages
Target Age Group: Picture Book
Imprint: G.P. Putnam’s Sons Books for Young Readers
Publisher: Penguin Random House
Parent Company: Bertelsmann
Borrow from Library
A New York Times Book Review Notable Children’s Book of 2015
A Wall Street Journal Best Children’s Book of 2015
Every Sunday after church, CJ and his grandma ride the bus across town. But today, CJ wonders why they don’t own a car like his friend Colby. Why doesn’t he have an iPod like the boys on the bus? How come they always have to get off in the dirty part of town? Each question is met with an encouraging answer from grandma, who helps him see the beauty—and fun—in their routine and the world around them.
This energetic ride through a bustling city highlights the wonderful perspective only grandparent and grandchild can share, and comes to life through Matt de la Pena’s vibrant text and Christian Robinson’s radiant illustrations.
- Juvenile Fiction / Family / Multigenerational
- Juvenile Fiction / Lifestyles / City & Town Life
- Juvenile Fiction / People & Places / United States / African American
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Themes / Homelessness & Poverty
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Themes / Values & Virtues
Tell us what do you think about Last Stop on Market Street.