Scholastic Reader Level 2: Ruby Bridges Goes to School: My True Story: My True Story
by Ruby Bridges
Publication Date: Dec 01, 2009
List Price: $3.99
Format: Paperback, 32 pages
Target Age Group: Early Reader
Imprint: Cartwheel Books
Publisher: Scholastic Inc.
Parent Company: Scholastic Inc.
Borrow from Library
The extraordinary true story of Ruby Bridges, the first African-American child to integrate a New Orleans school—now with simple text for young readers!
In 1960, six-year-old Ruby Bridges walked through an angry crowd and into a school where she changed history. This is the true story of an extraordinary little girl who helped shape our country when she became the first African-American to attend an all-white school in New Orleans. With simple text and historical photographs, this easy reader explores an amazing moment in history and the courage of a young girl who stayed strong in the face of racism.
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Cultural Heritage
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Historical
- Juvenile Nonfiction / History / United States / 20Th Century
- Juvenile Nonfiction / People & Places / United States / African American
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Social Topics / Prejudice & Racism