Money, Power, Respect: What Brothers Think, What Sistahs Know
by Denene Millner and Nick Chiles
Publication Date: Jan 09, 2001
List Price: $20.00
Format: Hardcover, 240 pages
Imprint: William Morrow
Parent Company: News Corporation
Borrow from Library
- Money. Can he deal when she makes more?
- Power. He’s at the office 24/7. Where does she get her face-time?
- Respect. How much of their dirty laundry should both he and she air to their friends? In their inimitable he-said/she-said format and hip approach, Denene and Nick reveal the real deal on what black men and women think about financial issues, power struggles, and the importance of respect. They delve into everything , from whose career is more important to who should punish the kids to who should pay for dinner.Enlivened by their trademark humor and sassy and bold approach, the message in Money, Power, Respect is crystal clear: While money issues may lead to power struggles, this doesn’t have to lead to lack of Respect. In this perspective and insightful guide, Nick and Denene show couples how engaging in fierce, sincere communication will have both partners wearing the pants in the family.
- Family & Relationships / Love & Romance
- Family & Relationships / Marriage & Long-Term Relationships
- Social Science / Ethnic Studies / African American Studies
Tell us what do you think about Money, Power, Respect: What Brothers Think, What Sistahs Know.