Josephine: The Dazzling Life Of Josephine Baker
by Patricia Hruby Powell, Illustrated by Christian Robinson
- A Top 10 Book in the “Children’s Books from the 21st Century” Category
- 3 Time AALBC.com Bestselling Book!
- Coretta Scott King Award Winning Book 2015
Publication Date: Jan 14, 2014
List Price: $17.99
Format: Hardcover, 104 pages
Target Age Group: Middle Grade
Imprint: Chronicle Books
Publisher: Chronicle Books
Parent Company: McEvoy Group
Borrow from Library
In exuberant verse and stirring pictures, Patricia Hruby Powell and Christian Robinson create an extraordinary portrait for young people of the passionate performer and civil rights advocate Josephine Baker, the woman who worked her way from the slums of St. Louis to the grandest stages in the world. Meticulously researched by both author and artist, Josephine's powerful story of struggle and triumph is an inspiration and a spectacle, just like the legend herself.
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Cultural Heritage
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Performing Arts
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Women
Tell us what do you think about Josephine: The Dazzling Life Of Josephine Baker.