Whoosh!: Lonnie Johnson’s Super-Soaking Stream of Inventions
by Chris Barton, Illustrated by Don Tate
- A Top 150 Children’s Book
- A 2022 Top 100 Recommended Children’s Book
- 4 Time AALBC.com Bestselling Book!
Publication Date: May 03, 2016
List Price: $16.95
Format: Hardcover, 32 pages
Target Age Group: Picture Book
Parent Company: Charlesbridge
Borrow from Library
You know the Super Soaker. It’s one of top twenty toys of all time was invented entirely by accident. Trying to create a new cooling system for refrigerators and air conditioners, impressive inventor Lonnie Johnson instead created the mechanics for the iconic toy. A love for rockets, robots, inventions, and a mind for creativity began early in Lonnie Johnson’s life. Growing up in a house full of brothers and sisters, persistence and a passion for problem solving became the cornerstone for a career as an engineer and his work with NASA. But it is his invention of the Super Soaker water gun that has made his most memorable splash with kids and adults.
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Cultural Heritage
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Science & Technology
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Science & Nature / Experiments & Projects
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Technology / Inventions