Sophie Washington Things You Didn’t Know About Sophie
by Tonya Duncan Ellis
Publication Date: Jan 14, 2019
List Price: $16.99
Format: Hardcover, 122 pages
Target Age Group: Middle Grade
Imprint: Page Turner Publishing
Publisher: Page Turner Publishing
Parent Company: Page Turner Publishing
Borrow from Library
Only Losers Don’t Have Cell Phones…
That’s what Sophie thinks in the beginning of this hilarious and heartwarming, illustrated chapter book about fitting in. She feels like an outsider because she’s the only one in her class without a cell phone, and her crush, new kid Toby Johnson, has been calling her best friend Chloe. To fit in, Sophie changes who she is. Her plan to become popular works for a while, and she and Toby start to become friends. Things get more complicated when Sophie "borrows" a cell phone and gets caught. If her parents make her tell the truth, what will her friends think? Turns out Toby has also been hiding something, and Sophie discovers the best way to make true friends is to be yourself.
Here’s what Goodreads reviewers say about Sophie Washington: Things You Didn’t Know About Sophie:
- "Sophie is a real character with flaws and it is fun reading how she matures. The story line was funny and realistic."
- "Virtues like honesty, friendship and being true to yourself are always in style, and this book teaches that in a fun way. Also, it’s great to learn a little bit about Texas too!"
- "Very well written middle school book."
This is the third book in the Readers’ Favorite five star rated Sophie Washington book series that includes:
- Sophie Washington: Queen of the Bee (Book 1)
- Sophie Washington: The Snitch (Book 2)
- Sophie Washington: Things You Didn’t Know About Sophie (Book 3)
- Sophie Washington: The Gamer (Book 4)
- Sophie Washington: Hurricane (Book 5)
- Sophie Washington: Mission: Costa Rica (Book 6)
- Sophie Washington: Secret Santa (Book 7)
- Sophie Washington: Code One (Book 8)
- Sophie Washington: Mismatch (Book 9)
- Sophie Washington: My BFF (Book 10)
- Sophie Washington: Class Retreat (Book 11)
Kids Ages 8-12.
- Juvenile Fiction / People & Places / United States / African American
- Juvenile Fiction / Readers / Chapter Books
- Juvenile Fiction / Social Themes / Friendship