1 Books Published by FNNC Publishing on Our Site — Book Cover Mosaic
FNNC Publishing (Nov 08, 2012)
Read Detailed Book Description
There was a time when everyone thought that the world was flat.
Because we have been bombarded with information that says our ancestors were slaves, it is not enough to say that our ancestors were not slaves. We must understand the logic and the effect that the word slave has on the mind and the spirit of Black people.
Many social programs, books and speeches have sought to raise the consciousness and quality of life for Black people. Still, the disparity widens because we have not gotten to the root of the problem. The success rates of these programs would be much higher if we had a more positive understanding of where we came from, our true Spirit and Nature, and who we are.
I am not saying that “slave” did not exist. I am saying that the word “slave” does not and should not be applied to the ancestors of Black African Americans or any African people. This book presents many good reasons why we should not call our ancestors or fore-parents slaves. Some of the main reasons are as follows:
- The definition of slave does not fit because of our overwhelming resistance to slavery. Therefore, it is not true.
- It will show why the ancestors of African Americans should be considered sacred and that calling them slaves is a form of blasphemy because it is not true and because the word slave has many negative connotations.
- It will explain why calling the ancestors of Black African Americans slaves has a negative effect on the psyche and spirit of Black people.
- It will show how it leads us to abandon the form(s) to which we had become accustomed and show the warnings from other sources against doing so and why it is a sin against our Spirit and Nature.
- It will show how this belief leads to mental and spiritual disorders among African Americans by promoting a disconnection from our Source, our true history, our identity and our Nature.