Reading is worth our time even when it doesn’t change our lives. But if we’re buying a book because we want to grow, I think it’s fair to ask what we get beyond encouragement. I’m Ralph Clotaire Jean, a Black author born in Haiti. My book, My Voice: A Guide to Mastering Life, Truth, and Purpose, explores discipline, self-awareness, personal responsibility, and purpose. One line from the book is, “Low standards destroy high potential.” What interests me is whether an idea like that helps someone examine a habit or make a different choice. Recognizing yourself in a passage can be a start. What happens afterward matters, too. I also published a Haitian Creole edition so readers who speak the language could have access to the same ideas. Kirkus Reviews wrote, “Jean inspires readers to take charge of their lives in this empowering guide.” I’d appreciate consideration for an honest, independent AALBC book review. Publisher: Supreme Legacy Press Publication date: April 14, 2026 Paperback ISBN: 9798218879747 Website: ralphclotairejean.com Contact: contact@ralphclotairejean.com Which book by a Black author has changed how you think or live? What stayed with you after you finished it?