Is the Black community in the USA like the USA itself in a perpetual path to identity?

If a black person believes themselves a member of the USA and accepts its original narrative of a community in development then the next question must be asked  

1. 1. Is the Black community in the USA like the USA itself in a perpetual path to identity?

• yes
    • no

I quote Joe Biden at the howard university speech

Fundamental questions are at stake for our nation: Who are we? What do we stand for? What do we believe? Who will we be? You're here to help answer those questions

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/13/politics/joe-biden-howard-university-commencement-speech/index.html

I quote a black person who served in the usa military and is an ardent integrationist, citizen or civilian of the usa

This is sad, The Sacred Mecca of HBCU's allowing him to deliver the commencement address after all the insulting & devaluing things he said about and towards Black folk. SMH, he should not even be allowed to step on campus and should be booed off stage.

The two quotes above made me realize I can't recall anyone asking this question. 

Yes, it predicates if one accepts the idea that the usa is on a perpetual path to identity, which I do not, or can change, which I do not. But, if one accepts the usa is on a path, and said one is black. Then does said person treat the black community in the usa the same? 

I think if you are said black person,which I am not,  you should treat the black community in the usa the same way you treat the usa en masse. 

now03.jpg