A Village of Heros; A world of Inspiration

A village of Heros:  I drove my mom 2-hours to visit a friend that she hadn't seen in 64 years!!  OMG...the wisdom that I had the privilege of witnessing as they reminisced about the good-ol-days, was humbling. Although they overcame many, many, many obstacles and witnessed unforgettable events, they laughed hysterically about the conversations they had talking out the window after curfew.     

You can imagine the thoughts and emotions that ran through my mind as I smiled with joy that I was able to make this reunion happen.  Then, I reflected on the village of heroes that surrounded me as I grew up - helping to mold me into the Black Girl Magic that I am today,

A World of Inspiration:  I enjoy being educated by True Stories of Survival, and often find myself thanking them for encouraging me to be a Village Hero and one who Inspires beyond the Village.   There are so many who have inspired me, but Antwone Fisher comes to mind.  Antwone's memoir,  "Finding Fish", which was turned into a movie, titled, "Antwone Fisher" is the story of Antwone, who was born in prison from a teenage mother two months after his father was murdered, after which Antwone was placed in an abusive foster home where he stayed for 14 years. After leaving the foster home, he joined the Navy where he served 11 years and was appointed to the honorary rank of Chief Petty Officer by the Master Chief Petty Officer.  Now, he is a director, author, poet, lecturer, college professor, and screenwriter.  

th?&id=OVP.UKQlQhRB3MJYSj-zSpottQFSHg&w=                              th?id=OSK.mmcolwUa2JxkLSzZR6G9CVQ_W3CyH-igdeBYnihBofGwK870&w=76&h=100&c=8&o=6&dpr=2&pid=SANGAM

Who is your Village Hero and who outside of your village has inspired you to prevail?