Nia Dacosta

Do you have a favorite story with a truly multiracial cast?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you have one female action character in films that you place next to male action characters ?

• Yes? please comment the name
    • No, what are you looking for that hasn't been done? please comment

The same year in which a white female director earned huge acclaim for her film barbie, Nia Dacosta a black female director has helmed The Marvels, a film that has become in media , not reality, the tombstone of superhero films.

thoughts? 

I want to say one thing...the CEO of disney made an excellent financial note, not every film from marvel is going to break a billion, it shouldn't really, that is the history of movie making. On the other hand, while I agree with a reviewer [who used a different tone than the following] that films involving non white male christians in the superhero film world or multiracial casts has put off white male christian audiences, in the superhero realm which in disney owned marvel studios era was only two films: The eternals + The marvels, I argue is part of a larger problem.  The problem isn't multiracial movies itself. Black panther 1 and 2 did great with a mostly non white cast. Marvel's two attempts at making films that truly had a multiphenotypical range of characters have both flopped. So I argue the issue isn't a mostly white or mostly black film from marvel studios, but an interracial film is currently problematic. Now I do wonder about the xmen , how that will work.