1 hour ago1 hr comment_83619 Kagi is the best search engine I've seen since the early days of Google search--back when Google just returned links to websites most likely to provide the information you were searching for rather than keeping you one the page and serving you advertisements.I'm not being compensated to share this information. I not a fan of promoting, for free, any non-Black-owned profit-driven corporation. I'm spreading the word here because I believe in the spirit of the product.I have little hope that the product will catch on for a variety of reasons--most notably after 100 searches in a month. You have to pay for the service and people don't like paying for anything--even if it is important.The reality is search was never free. "Everyone pays for search. The difference is whether you're paying with your attention, time, and private data - or with your wallet."Kagi: https://kagi.com/ is a search engine that is supported by members, not advertisers. This makes a BIG difference in search results.I don't really use Google Search very much anymore; their search engine results page especially for book related content is just horrendous. Try finding an author's official website. You get a bazillion Amazon links, social media, and walk away thinking that the authors does not have a website. Kagi returns the author's official website right up front!Lately I've been using Bing, because every month or so I get a $10 gift card to Amazon., but you have to run A LOT of queries (and I do). The search results are not great, but they are usually good enough. When searching for video Bing like to embed YouTube video in the search engine results page and serve ads -- which I hate; plus it makes it much harder to find a video on sites like sites like AALBC who have moved away from giving YouTube our video content.At the end of the day Google was screwed up with WWW with their search engine. Companies like Kagi, Duck Duck Go, and others promise to make things better.Of course, if you cannot afford to pay for search, that introduces a new problem but that one is more easily solved than the ones were have to deal with currently. Report
Create an account or sign in to comment