ACTOR DENZEL WASHINGTON TALKS TO BLACK MEN.////

IN URBAN DAILY, A GQ INTERVIEW WITH ACTOR DENZEL WASHINGTON,DENZEL SAYS BLACK MEN SHOULD LOOK INTO THE MIRROR AND ASK WHAT CAN I DO BETTER.CANNOT BLAME,PROBLEMS, ON THE MAN OR BEING FRISKED..DENZEL NOR HIS SON HIS BEING FRISKED,BEATEN UP OR KILLED BY WHITE POLICE,NONE OF THE RICH BLACK PEOPLE ARE.....IF THEY WERE THEY WOULD TALK DIFFERENT ABOUT THAT.......WHEN BLACK PEOPLE BECOME RICH THEY TRANSFORM INTO SOMETHING ELSE THEY ARE NOT BLACK, UNTIL IT IS TIME FOR A BLACK AWARD SHOW......THE BLACK RICH AMAZE ME...NOT ALL OF THEM, HARRY BELAFONTE AND MAYA ANGELOU,MORGAN FREEMAN, IS AMONG THE FEW I HAVE RESPECT FOR./

• Like 3

Stop-n-frisk is a real problem -- probably worse that even the media makes it seem.

Of course Stop-n-frisk is usually in reaction to high crime rates. The tactics used by the police under these circumstances always inconvenience law abiding citizens.

Obviously the people in the most crime ridden communities can not control the criminals in their communities so they want and need the police to do something. They also want to tell the police how to allocate resources, how to deal with suspects and perpetrators, and which laws to enforce and how to enforce them.

You can't have it both ways.

I don't have an answer. It is like fixing the country's education system, or eliminating corporate ownership of politicians. The problems are so profound they can't be fixed with the current personnel involved because they are a fundamental part of the problem.

Crime will increase in cities like NY City where stop-n-frisk is a problem.