Comment of the Week

Author, professor, pundit, blogger, and NPR host Jimi Izrael called Kola Boof “the angry transxual Colonel McBragg of the Twitter game.” The man has a way with words (if not a perfect memory for the military rank of cartoon characters).

Man, that takes me back to childhood!

John Kass of the Chicago Tribune said years ago that Joe Harris based his Commander McBragg character in part on the Baron von Münchhausen stories. Remember how Lloyd Bentsen told Dan Quayle, "You're no Jack Kennedy." Well, Kola, you definitely are a Münchhausen.

First of all, NPR stands for Natural Poobutt Radio. They are as racist as Rush Limbaugh, but hide behind a facade of genteel liberality, exposed when they do all them "In the Bush" African stories. Listen to that crappy station and you'd think all Africans lived like they do in Tarzan movies.

She probably wouldn't lick their pale asses

Is she a McBragg, or a Munchausen. And how do you know--exclusive of what they say on Natural Poobut Radio?

• 3 weeks later...

This week's winner: Kam Williams, for his curt assessment of Jimi Izrael.

In his review of Izrael's book, The Denzel Principle, Kam calls Izrael "a miserable two-time loser with some serious unresolved anger issues." Apparently, a good part of Izrael's book is devoted to slagging his two ex-wives. Without a trace of irony, Izrael says both the women he chose to marry were "crazy bitches," and that, as black women, they had an "inability to make good choices." The irony just doesn't stop: Izrael's subtitle says "Black Women Can’t Find Good Black Men," and he complains about his second wife leaving him for some dreadlocked guy who "[wasn't] particularly handsome."

Speaking of hair fetishists who aren't particularly handsome...

kam.jpg

Jimi Izrael

jimi_israel.jpg

more Jimi

One of the topics on which you can hire Izrael to speak is "The Myth of Misogyny in Hip-Hop." If he's okay with calling women "ho's" than it's no surprise he's single again...and again.

On his website, Izrael responds to what he admits are frequent accusations that his attitude towards women is misogynistic. He links to Jamilah "Sister Toldja" Lemieux's pretty savage review of his book (quote: "THIS IS THE WORST F*CKING BOOK I HAVE EVER READ") but does not deal with the substance of it. Here are his major points, such as they are:

1. He rebuts the accusation that he is a "relentless misogynist" -- not by focusing on whether his attitudes are "misogynist", but on whether his expression of them can properly be called "relentless." He calculates that only 51 percent of his writing deals with women, which I guess proves that, at worst, he is only a misogynist when he's talking about women.

2. His defends using "bitch" 29 times in The Denzel Principle by saying that most of those uses are "context appropriate." What makes it appropriate, he explains, is that he is referring in some of those instances to two specific women -- presumably his ex-wives.

3. If you don't like it when men refer to women as bitches, that's because "you don’t hang out in bars or barbershops -- like I do."

I'll tell you, this guy does not have an impressive intellect.

Let me check the respect meter. [tap tap]

Nope. Registering zero.