Just One Reason Why Black Owned Websites Fail

A few days ago a friend came across an article in a local magazine, WhereItzAt Magazine. In the magazine was an article, “In defense of Black Bookstores,” which addressed the loss of Black bookstores and why it matters.  Of course this is an issue I've covered extensively.  Indeed, I have published a directory of Black owned bookstores for as long as I have run this site.  My current coverage of Black owned bookstores is probably the most extensive coverage available on the web today.  So it should go without saying that I applaud WhereItzAt Magazine's coverage of this important issue.

My friend took a photo of the article (shown below) and shared it with me, because my website was mentioned, in the last paragraph, as a resource where one my find a list of Black owned bookstores.

bookstorearticle-share.thumb.jpg.4377b40

Of course I was interested in sharing this article, but I decided to look for an online version which would make it possible for other to more easily read.  I found the article, but noticed that the online version did not mention AALBC.com at all?!  

This just struck me as simply dumb.  Why would the website not mention and link to an online resource for Black bookstores--the very thing they are purporting to support?

This started as a post on this forum, but I decided to make a blog post of it.  You may read the entire article here