My Own Worst Enemy: A Black Man's American Story

Guest Ismael Brown

Guest Ismael Brown

My name is Ismael Brown, author of My Own Worst Enemy: A Black Man's American Story, ISBN Number 978-1-9400131-24-5, published on October 10, 2016.

Synopsis

The book allows readers to experience the ups and downs of a young man looking to discover himself despite all the challenges he’s up against. Learn how he overcomes societal stereotypes as a black male in America all while assuming ownership of the countless relationships he’s damaged and, more importantly, forgiving himself along the way. This powerful autobiography was written from a place of pain and immeasurable remorse from the wounds inflicted throughout the life of the author. Ismael takes his time to address a lot of issues that are prominent amongst youth in black America—from lack of male role models, mass incarceration, and the inabilities to demonstrate or express love. 

Now that I am able to look back on my upbringing to appreciate each and every hardship, I can proudly say I am thankful. As a black man in his mid-twenties with a bachelor's degree, public speaker of social inequalities and career in marketing, it is safe to say, I beat the odds. Nothing has come easy nor free. Each and every accolade I've earned over the years came at the price of great sacrifice. I damaged many relationships by having tunnel vision to achieve and prove America wrong. That level of selfishness left me empty, lonely and lacking the purest gift of life...love. 

My self-discovery freed my mind from negativity, opened my heart to give and allowed me to forgive those who hurt me, including the image in the mirror. At that point I became a man. A better man. A man who could be something of value to those whom he loved. 

I am interested in a book review in which can assist me attaining credibility and also more visibility for my book as a first time author. 

The book can be purchased at IsmaelBrown.com. Amazon, iBooks and on Kindle.