Kimberla Lawson Roby at the South West Florida Reading Festival

Here are a couple of videos of Kimberla Lawson Roby at the Southwest Florida Reading Festival

In the first video Kim and two other NY Times Bestselling authors describe their favorite bookstores:

Beatrix Williams

• Vero Beach Book Center, Vero Beach, FL
  • FoxTale Book Shoppe Atlanta, GA 
  • The Poisoned Pen, Scottsdale AZ
  • Murder by the Book, Houston, TX 
  • Banks Square Books, Mystic, CT
  • Diane's Books of Greenwich, Greenwich, CT
  • R.J. Julia Booksellers, Madison, CT

Kimberla Lawson Roby    

Shelly Shepard Gray

• Books&Co, Beavercreek, OH
  • Page & Palette, Fairhope, AL

Here Kim talks about her work.

Overall it was a really nice book fair.  The weather was great low 80's, low humidity, and on the river front.  The Fort Myers is a really nice place this time of the year.  The only real downside is was that there was not a lot of cultural diversity in the participating authors and the attendees.

Here I'm with author D. Watkins   

DSCN2159.JPG

A random crowd shot.  While there were many events for children and plenty of kids in attendance, there were also a lot attendees who senior citizens (a good thing).  In fact, during Kim's presentation, I'm sure I was younger than the average person in the audience.  The audiences I observed during the panels skewed white, female, and 60+

DSCN2179.JPG

Below is author Edward R. Laden.  He was the only Black author participating or exhibiting that I did not know, but there were not that many Black authors in attendance.  Unfortunately, I did not get a chance to talk to Edward, but he has a website: http://www.leadstory1.com/

DSCN2180.JPG

• 4 months later...
Guest Author - Edward R. Laden -

Thanks a lot for the "shout-out".  Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk at the festival.  Maybe the next time you're in

South Florida we can get together. Here is my book fair/book festival appearance schedule for the rest of the year;

SAT. - SEPT. 16, 2017 - ON POINT BOOK FAIR - TAMPA, FLORIDA- 10 AM - 6 PM

SAT. - OCT. 7, 2017 - BLACK EXPO 2017 - JACKSONVILLE, FLORIDA - 9 AM - 6 PM

SAT. - OCT. 28, 2017 - DELTONA BOOK FAIR - DELTONA, FLORIDA - 9 AM - 4 PM

SAT. - NOV. 18, 2017 - MIAMI BOOK FAIR - MIAMI, FLORIDA - 10 AM - 6 PM

SAT. & SUN. - JAN. 20 - 21, 2018 - BLACK HERITAGE FESTIVAL - TAMPA BAY, FLORIDA - 10 AM - 7 PM

Peace ----- Eddie Laden