The Talented Ribkins by Ladee Hubbard Wins 2017 Ernest J. Gaines Award for Literary Excellence

Troy

The Talented RibkinsThe Talented Ribkins by Ladee Hubbard Wins 2017 Ernest J. Gaines Award for Literary Excellence

In the process of researching Ladee's books, to update her content, I discovered this video, an interview with on Late NIght with Seth Meyers.  Now I never watch the late night shows but I was very surprised  to see a relatively obscure debut Black author being interviewed on a National TV program.

She is does even have any of the bonuses that get Black folks more attention; she is not LGBT, from Africa, an ex-con, a celebrity, athlete, nor displays any outwards sign of dysfunction.  She does have the a multiracial look working, but still... This defies everything I know about TV and White supremacy.  My worldview has been cast askew.  

Have I become that so jaded by racism over the years that I can't even conceived of this type of interview even taking place?  I could see if it was James Patterson or JK Rowlings...

Well no matter what I think this is a good look for Ladee and I need to know who her publicist is!