The Secret Lives of the Four Wives: A Novel by Lola Shoneyin Read an Excerpt

Troy

The Secret Lives of the Four Wives: A Novel by Lola Shoneyin Read an Excerpt

The secret lives of four wives

This is an excellent book from what I hear.

The banner above is was provided to me by the publisher, who are advertising in the next newsletter.  These ads beyond, bringing revenue, actually bring value to the website as the books are all excellent and the creatives are attractive too.

One of the problems with AALBC.com homepage, a problem I intent to address ins January, is that it is too busy.  One of the reasons for this is that I've allowed advertising to drive what is one the page and that has made it too overwhelming for new visitors to understand what the site is about, or what to do next...  I'm considering removing all advertising from the homepage  or only including well designed ads that is specifically designed for the page.

The upside is that the ads well perform better (I'm sure) for the advertiser, but the downside is that the price point and the requirement to design a custom ad will exclude advertisers with small budgets....I dunno I may need to focus on the advertisers with larger budgets to keep the site alive.  With enough larger clients the promote of the authors/publishers with smaller budgets can be subsidized by the larger advertisers.

Just thinking out loud, but I welcome feedback.