lori.elayne.taketime2read@gmail.com

A Day in the Woods of Nana's Backyard

By: Lori Elayne

BOOK DETAILS

Publication Date — September 28, 2019                                                                                 Binding — Paperback, 8.5x11

Page Count —38                                                                                                                           Price — $19.20

ISBN —   978-0-1234-6578-8                                                                                                        

Subject categories — CHILDREN'S BOOK

Realistic Fiction / African-Americans, Country Life, Traditions, Exploring, Seasons, Life Cycles, 

Family Recipes                                                                                         

"As I helped Nana put the lights in her window, I asked, 'Nana, why do the woods seem smaller?' She said, 'I had someone cut some of the trees. It's good to thin the trees out now and then. They will grow back.' But I didn't think that was why the woods seemed smaller to me."

A heart-warming story of a young city girl that explores the woods in her grandmother’s backyard in the small country town of Farmville,  Virginia. Over the seasons, and as she gets older, the woods seem different. Did the woods change?

Author Lori Elayne has been an elementary school teacher for about 30 years.  She holds a bachelor's degree in psychology from the University of California, at Los Angeles and a master's degree in teaching and curriculum from California State University Dominguez Hills with a certificate in Computer Assisted Instruction.  She was born and raised in Los Angeles, California.  Lori likes to travel, explore, and cook.

A Day in the Woods of Nana's Backyard reflects her adventures as a city girl traveling to visit her grandmother, lovingly referred to as Nana. She liked listening to family stories and decided to start writing some stories of her own.  This is her second children's book.

Current endorsements include:  

"Magical...The simple storyline will appeal to young children."
                                             - OnlineBookClub Reviews