4th Grade Chapter Books: Black Characters?

Guest Ms. Moody

Guest Ms. Moody

I'm currently looking for chapter books that I can pair with teaching GA ELA standards. I want to incorporate chapter books that have black characters so that my principal can order class sets for virtual learning. What are you suggestions. The Lexile for the chapter books should be 740L-940L and or Fountas and Pinnell Levels P and higher. 

Thanks for your help!

Guest M.C Celestin
On 7/17/2020 at 1:53 PM, Guest Ms. Moody said:

I'm currently looking for chapter books that I can pair with teaching GA ELA standards. I want to incorporate chapter books that have black characters so that my principal can order class sets for virtual learning. What are you suggestions. The Lexile for the chapter books should be 740L-940L and or Fountas and Pinnell Levels P and higher. 

Thanks for your help!

I don't collect this metadata (Lexile, Fountas, and Pinnell Levels) for the chapter books in my database otherwise I'd be able to generate a list. I doubt these levels have been made for most of the books in my database.

Go to this page:  https://aalbc.com/books/category.php

and begin typying the word "juvenile" in the box. You will be presented with categories of books if you fi d ones you like. I can try to pull the lexile level (getting the other two levels will be a challenge