Ancient -Spirits .

With. My. Parents. In. Louisiana. Observing. The. Slave. Plantation-Slave- Cabins . Owls. In. Moss Covered. Trees, A Breeze. Has.  The. Slave. Cabins. Creaking.  .  Nobody, There.  But. Their. Is. A. Feeling  !-It-Seems. Haunted. And. Possessed..  Are. Our.  Ancestors   Unable   To -Have  ,A   Peaceful  Rest ?. Place  Of   Torture  ,Horror  And   Despair. I-Wonder  If  Something  Is    Or   Is  Not  There.... Just   Beyond  The ,Door   .  Do  Our  Ancestors Spirits  Dwell. Upon   The  Floor? Are  They-Not   Seen. Beneath.  The. Daytime. Sun's. Glow .  Do. They. Wander -As- Shadowy. Figures. Beneath. The. Moon's Glow ?  As. We. Leave. My-Parents Speak. A. African. Prayer.  !looking. Back.   I'm Wondering If --Something. Is. Or Is. Not. Tnere...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Harry, i enjoyed this piece, always been interested in the "what we don't see" but still is there. there are spirits in our DNA who speak to us, but we are not trained in how to hear them. places we go our ancestors are there. i find this especially true when i visit ocean shores, particularly places where the ships came in. i can hear the footsteps and voice of my ancestors. i truly enjoyed this piece. as a poet i would like to see this expanded into a series of poems. there are so many questions we have about "what we don't see" but is still there, great to see people exploring it and writing about it. many can connect with this. thank you. would you approve me sharing this piece in a workshop i have planned for 2021? it will have a focus on the Door of No Return, in how we are returning in many ways. this fits right in. 

• Like 1