Remembering Grandma's Tales

I grew up on folktales, from my beloved grandmother especially.  She's 98, bedridden and her life's ebbing away. I can't travel to see her due to COVID-19 but I honor her by retelling the stories she told me three decades and some ago, as best as I can I must add. Her stories taught me to keep striving, to smile in the face of rejection, to set boundaries, to fearlessly love, to honor myself and others, to know when it's time t run, to know when I should inch closer....

I hope I am doing her story telling justice with my writing, she is one hell of a story teller....

Let me know what you think. Leave me comments. Like and follow. If you'd like to connect as bloggers, I would happily oblige you.

https://misskorang.com/category/my-two-cents/ 

• 1 month later...
On 9/29/2020 at 3:23 PM, MissKorang said:

I grew up on folktales, from my beloved grandmother especially.  She's 98, bedridden and her life's ebbing away. I can't travel to see her due to COVID-19 but I honor her by retelling the stories she told me three decades and some ago, as best as I can I must add. Her stories taught me to keep striving, to smile in the face of rejection, to set boundaries, to fearlessly love, to honor myself and others, to know when it's time t run, to know when I should inch closer....

I hope I am doing her story telling justice with my writing, she is one hell of a story teller....

Let me know what you think. Leave me comments. Like and follow. If you'd like to connect as bloggers, I would happily oblige you.

https://misskorang.com/category/my-two-cents/ 

Thank goodness that someone is honoring the oral traditions that have been passed down through the generations. Our history survives within the lines of these folktales. The words of the elders matter!

• Like 1