Perspective

Ldvirtue

Will I ever know your story or will my story surfice. It boggles my mind when I think how one sided each story is when it comes to real life. I never heard your history or did I  imagined what you went through. I never took into consideration that you have a story too. I just heard what they said. you know the ones that look like me. the ones that share what they feel is the  most important take on history.  I wonder if those claiming all these tragic things in time ever realize that those that are multi cultural  have a  somewhat different take on cultural crimes. I mean how do we relate  to them killing  you which is the killing of me  how do we not understand That it was more than slaves that were taken and while they weren't taken slaves they were people that looked like me. I mean Asian's were stolen  Indians were slaves as well,  while black people have cornered the market on travesty  theyd refused to return to the motherland

That today wouldn't treat us that well So what do we do where do we begin how do we combine our histories so the cultures could learn to blend. do I tell you The Best of Me as you have done to the rest of us,  How do we get back to that coin phrase in God we trust.  how do we begin where my truth does not harm you. how do we learn to embrace the best and worst of each culture so the strengthening of us is the not death of me and you..   Truly there is no U or I.  We don't as a race really fair a part no matter how we try. I  I don't want to take your movies. I don't want to take your books. I don't want to remove your history but I want my history to have a different look. we want to be included, our side according to our own history, we need to be taught in school, we want our children to be free,  knowledge is freedom and freedom Gives us an advantage we've never had before, we shouldn't have to research the outcome of A-war when that war is still going on today and we're in the middle and we have very little to say because no one asked us how we felt about Thanksgiving ever or that day. Thanksgiving goes far beyond Columbus. It's the reverence not the finding of the world, its the blessings that came for many as my ancestors were there. Some were brought over on slave ships and others owned others yet today that's not my care, my care is it took each one of them, a culture to make me, each a different description of world history and it all needs to be kept in reach. Perspective.  Closing the cultural divide.