The Planet of Junior Brown
by Virginia Hamilton, Illustrated by Jerry Pinkney
Publication Date: Jan 01, 1971
List Price: Unavailable
Format: Paperback, 240 pages
Target Age Group: Young Adult
Publisher: Macmillan Publishers
Parent Company: Holtzbrinck Publishing Group
The Planet of Junior Brown, a young adult novel, about two boys, Junior Brown and Buddy, who with a school janitor, Mr. Pool, construct a mechanical solar system.
- 1972 1973 Mark Twain Awards - nomination
- 1971 Horn Book fanfare book
- 1972 Lewis Carroll Shelf Award - winner
- 1972 Newbery Medal - honor
- 1997 A film, adapted from the novel, was released
Already a leader in New York’s underground world of homeless children, Buddy Clark takes on the responsibility of protecting the overweight, emotionally disturbed friend with whom he has been playing hooky from eighth grade all semester.