by Kwame Alexander
- A Top 10 Book in the “Children’s Books from the 21st Century” Category
- A Top 150 Children’s Book
- A 2022 Top 100 Recommended Children’s Book
- 4 Time AALBC.com Bestselling Book!
- Coretta Scott King Award Winning Book 2015
- Newbery Medal Winner or Honor 2015
Publication Date: Mar 18, 2014
List Price: $17.99
Format: Hardcover, 240 pages
Target Age Group: Middle Grade
Imprint: HMH Books for Young Readers
Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Parent Company: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Borrow from Library
“With a bolt of lightning on my kicks…The court is SIZZLING. My sweat is DRIZZLING. Stop all that quivering. Cuz tonight I’m delivering,” announces dread-locked, 12-year old Josh Bell. He and his twin brother Jordan are awesome on the court. But Josh has more than basketball in his blood, he’s got mad beats, too, that tell his family’s story in verse, in this fast and furious middle grade novel of family and brotherhood from Kwame Alexander (He Said, She Said 2013).
Josh and Jordan must come to grips with growing up on and off the court to realize breaking the rules comes at a terrible price, as their story’s heart-stopping climax proves a game-changer for the entire family.
- Juvenile Fiction / Family / Parents
- Juvenile Fiction / Family / Siblings
- Juvenile Fiction / Health & Daily Living / Diseases, Illnesses & Injuries
- Juvenile Fiction / Sports & Recreation / Basketball