- A Top 150 African-American Children’s Book
- 2 Time AALBC.com Bestselling Book!
- Carter G. Woodson Award Winning Book 2016
Publication Date: Sep 01, 2015
List Price: $16.95
Format: Hardcover, 36 pages
Imprint: Peachtree Publishers
Publisher: Peachtree Publishers
Parent Company: Peachtree Publishers
Borrow from Library
In the nineteenth century, North Carolina slave George Moses Horton taught himself to read and earned money to purchase his timethough not his freedom. Horton became the first African American to be published in the South, protesting slavery in the form of verse.
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Cultural Heritage
- Juvenile Nonfiction / Biography & Autobiography / Literary
- Juvenile Nonfiction / People & Places / United States / African American
Tell us what do you think about Poet: The Remarkable Story of George Moses Horton.