What should the Black community in Louisiana do, regardless of other Black groups or individuals in the other states in the union?

MY COMMENT
the article title is false, the article contest say this is going to happen not may. in all earnest, I wonder about the black community in louisiana, who leads them, what is their plan. I ask cause, louisiana has been this way since the louisiana purchase. I wonder what the black leadership , and that means elected officials, plan is for the future of the black community in louisiana. Does anyone know? I will be blunt now, if black elected officials, black christian church leaders, the black financial elite in louisiana have no plan but integration under the constitution, I don't think that is a functional plan for the Black people of Louisiana. 

IN AMENDMENT
I will throw out a plan. The black people of louisiana need to have an exodus of that state. 
Now I already know the rebuttals. Black people helped build the USA. The federal law says this or that.  But, in NYC as I compose this, people are leaving countries of their kin cause opportunity is lax. Well, Black people of Louisiana need to leave Louisiana cause they are oppressed by whites of lousiana and opportunity is lax. Why can't Black people of Louisiana come to NYC the same way the various central american and northern south american peoples do? 
I just think that at some point, black people in louisiana have to stop the plan of waiting for whites to love us or the law to protect and mold louisiana into a peaceful or positive interracial community. That plan hasn't worked for over one hundred and fifty years. What are black people in Louisiana, saps? How long do you continue down a path before you quit? and beyond, what are the black leaders of the black community in louisiana planning? I am not suggesting what I threw out has to be the plan for Black people of Louisiana but the nature of my plan has to be the plan. The nature of my plan is to not be what the  Black  community of Louisiana has been doing for over one hundred and fifty years. 

I don't think Black folks should leave Louisiana, they should rather stay and DIG IN.
If this were California I would say YES....I'd advise them to leave.
But the geographic location and demographic of Louisiana makes it much more important and strategic for AfroAmericans than for us to just pick up and leave it to the White racists.....who'd love nothing better.

I agree with you that most of this "tough on crime" rhetoric has a racial component to it.
However we have to be careful and skillful when it comes to discussing and especially when it comes to opposing anti-crime measures.
For the past 40 years or so a lot of AfroAmericans have shot themselves in the foot by being publicly AGAINST anti-crime laws and calling them racist.
We know they are.....but most other people of color, especially immigrants and those new to this nation will look at that stance as being PRO-CRIME.

We need to counter these racist tactics with some anti-crime laws of our own that specifically focus on mostly White crimes.
For example.....

If Whites in Louisiana wants to push laws that identify juvenile criminal offenders or those convicted of drug related crimes.....then AfroAmericans need to push for laws publicly identifying those arrested for DUI's and sex crimes; both of which constitute disproportionately Caucasian offenders.

@Pioneer1

I don't think Black folks should leave Louisiana, they should rather stay and DIG IN.
If this were California I would say YES....I'd advise them to leave.

I know you know the history of the Black community in the english colonies or new france or the USA or the Louisiana Purchase. I know you know the majority of Black people in said places have never been in happy in those time periods I mentioned. Not all, but the overwhelming majority of Black people in the english colonies, new france, the usa or the louisiana purchase. And, you know most Black ancestors in the history of said places cursed white people every day of their lives without taking up arms. They lived hating whites. I quote james baldwin: his father hated whites. and I amend what baldwin didn't say, his father acted nonviolently his entire life. his father never made any violent moves towards whites while hating them every day. Pioneer you know everything I just said, you know. So, the following question is not insult but is mandatory. Can you name one reason for the Black community in Louisiana, not black people anywhere else in the USA, have for digging in? And, what is the goal for the Black community in Louisiana by digging in, cause I don't see a goal for them, not for black people across the usa or new york, just louisiana?

Fair point. But you didn't say where. You would advise the black people in california to leave but you didn't say where ... where ? Are you suggesting the black people in california need to go to lousiiana? 

But the geographic location and demographic of Louisiana makes it much more important and strategic for AfroAmericans than for us to just pick up and leave it to the White racists.....who'd love nothing better.

You are speaking about the black community in the USA as one. I live in New York city in New York state. New York city has black billionaires. No disrespect to Black people who live in NYC which includes myself, but our scenario has no value in my view for black people in louisiana. The law talk, non violence talk, justice talk,  all that is cute in New York but Lousiana... I wish you could provide a reason that emphasizes black people in louisiana. I may be wrong but it seems your suggesting the black people in louisiana need to dig in for black people who live in other states.

We need to counter these racist tactics with some anti-crime laws of our own that specifically focus on mostly White crimes.
For example.....

If Whites in Louisiana wants to push laws that identify juvenile criminal offenders or those convicted of drug related crimes.....then AfroAmericans need to push for laws publicly identifying those arrested for DUI's and sex crimes; both of which constitute disproportionately Caucasian offenders.

That is a great idea , but the black community in Louisiana doesn't have the means to make that happen. it is that simple. Whites have too much power and it is that simple. Power matters. It's beyond the law. Are black people the fiscal wealthiest in louisiana? no, so we don't have members in our community who can just pay elected officials to do what they want, which is how most laws are made in the usa historically.  Are black people the overwhelming majority populace in louisiana ? no so block voting isn't enough. What your saying can work in south africa. No black people are not the fiscal richest but they have the numbers to dictate law with a movement. No state in the usa has a black populace that can win 80% of the elected positions in the state based on the black vote alone. No state in the usa fiscal wealthiest are black. 

richardmurray

Lol....I like you man.

Pioneer you know everything I just said, you know.

I didn't know what you said about James Baldwin's father, lol.
I was just enlightened.

So, the following question is not insult but is mandatory. Can you name one reason for the Black community in Louisiana, not black people anywhere else in the USA, have for digging in?

The Honorable Elijah Muhammad said the ENTIRE PLANET belongs to the Black man.

((this is not the real Elijah Muhammad but an actor))

That includes Louisiana.

I can just see these words coming back to haunt me as Stefan uses them in one of his California arguments....lol.

And, what is the goal for the Black community in Louisiana by digging in, cause I don't see a goal for them, not for black people across the usa or new york, just louisiana?

Good question.
That could be asked of Black people ANYWHERE on the planet.
What their purpose for existing on the land besides eating, shitting, and reproducing?
As a race, we need to collectively focus on projecting and building the type of future we want to see for our progeny.

Fair point. But you didn't say where. You would advise the black people in california to leave but you didn't say where ... where ? Are you suggesting the black people in california need to go to lousiiana? 

Some can, but I suggest anywhere in the United States except along the coasts (West or East)

The law talk, non violence talk, justice talk,  all that is cute in New York but Lousiana... I wish you could provide a reason that emphasizes black people in louisiana. I may be wrong but it seems your suggesting the black people in louisiana need to dig in for black people who live in other states.

No, but they need to grow a backbone and stop letting a handful of White racists control their lives and destiny.
They're ALLOWING it to happen.
Louisiana is nearly half Black.
It's enough Black folks in that state to stop the bullshit from happening, if they had sense enough to.

That is a great idea , but the black community in Louisiana doesn't have the means to make that happen. it is that simple. Whites have too much power and it is that simple. Power matters. It's beyond the law. Are black people the fiscal wealthiest in louisiana? no, so we don't have members in our community who can just pay elected officials to do what they want, which is how most laws are made in the usa historically.  Are black people the overwhelming majority populace in louisiana ? no so block voting isn't enough. What your saying can work in south africa. No black people are not the fiscal richest but they have the numbers to dictate law with a movement. No state in the usa has a black populace that can win 80% of the elected positions in the state based on the black vote alone. No state in the usa fiscal wealthiest are black. 

Black folks in Louisiana don't have power???????

LaToya Cantrell Campaign

Mayor of New Orleans Louisiana

image.png.dc395c39853a64a3ff5aa7133aa3a97d.png

Mayor of Baton Rouge Louisiana

image.png.a7a1ea3dc13790d05c3a0de4e1fe14b2.png

Mayor of Shreveport Louisiana

image.png.d3901fdf25e8e751d222cb8557e2e771.png

Police Chief of New Orleans Louisiana

image.png.4bd1296569e7afa08b4422a166d9b539.png

Police chief of Baton Rouge Louisiana

image.png.3aad03eda9688c160dfdec8651fb1232.png

Police chief of Shreveport Louisiana

The mayors and heads of the police in the 3 biggest cities in that state are all BLACK.

Come on man......we HAVE power already.
We don't have ALL the power obviously, but we have quite a bit.

The question is what are these niggas DOING with the power they have?

As I was discussing with ProfD in the other thread, White folks get in office and USE the power they inherit to get things done.
Niggas get in office and spend the money cracking open crab legs at Red Lobster and use their power to get rid of traffic tickets for their side-ho'z.

Just like you can't blame White folks for having sense and using the power and authority they get to help themselves and their people, you can't blame them for the stupidity of negroes.  They TAKE ADVANTAGE of it....but they didn't make the nigga stupid.  
We have to take that up with eachother.

@Pioneer1 :) you got me, well , I will never forget james baldwin saying that because so few black people viewed heavily ever admit blacks don't like whites as a community with a nonviolent posture. In the UA non violence equals civilization, equals integration, equals acceptance, but James Baldwin used his personal connections to display the falsehood in that narrative. And I think many Black people in the USA are  in denial about said truth. I will never forget a black man i used to see on a daily route who looked so miserable , clearly working a well paying job but clearly miserable. Being peacefully hateful isn't positive even if it is nonviolent. 

When you said : this is not elijah muhammed but an actor:) classic. 

And, what is the goal for the Black community in Louisiana by digging in, cause I don't see a goal for them, not for black people across the usa or new york, just louisiana?

Good question.
That could be asked of Black people ANYWHERE on the planet.
What their purpose for existing on the land besides eating, shitting, and reproducing?
As a race, we need to collectively focus on projecting and building the type of future we want to see for our progeny.

Fair enough, the black community in NEw York State's goal <defined as what most black people are engaged in functionally>, since the USA was founded was peaceful integration side whites. And I argue the black community in new york state, led by new york city has reached closer to that. Every single organization in the government of NEw York has black people who have potent roles or positions. The financial sector of NY has black people in it throughout. The goal is near. At this point the question for the black community in New York State is not about integration but potency. The fact that in New York State the marijuana licenses are actually going out to some blacks who were incarcerated while white pharmaceutical firms brought lawsuit against the state of new york for that action shows you where the black community in new york state is in relations to new york state, notice I have not said the usa. Now New York has some unique characteristics. One more black people live in new york than any other state. two the internal multiraciality of the black community in new york state is higher than anywhere else which has brought challenges but also has some advantages when it comes to outreach and the identity of being black in new york is less specific. yes, white power is still the rule in new york state, but the black community in new york isn't trying to topple whites but integrate side whites. That is an important point. The goal isn't for the black community in New York to be dominant over all others. 

In comparison, the black community in louisiana can't have the same goal as the black community in new york. the white community in louisiana is more pure. Meaning the white community in new york state also is highly multiracial internally. As well as the latino or asian, so that explains why the racial walls are looser. So, I think in some states the black community does have a goal. But the black community in each place can't have the same goal. In some places, like south africa, integration isn't working and black people need more power. In other places, like a germany, black people need a minority goal, they are too small in quantity to go for integration. Each place has it's own answer. 

Some can, but I suggest anywhere in the United States except along the coasts (West or East)

so functionally you want black people to return to the geographic distribution we had before jim crow in the usa? Internally many black people still don't like the southern/midwestern states. Do you live in the south or midwest? 

The mayors and heads of the police in the 3 biggest cities in that state are all BLACK.

Come on man......we HAVE power already.
We don't have ALL the power obviously, but we have quite a bit.

The question is what are these niggas DOING with the power they have?

You know what they are doing, they are reaching their goals. And this goes back to my simple point.  But I will use an example. When Obama was president he said he wasn't the president of black people and many have talked about that line but most have miscomprehended its true value. 

All those mayors or police commissioners you showed are no different than the black mayors or police commissioners in NYC or Newark in the north. Their goals are not to help the black community get stronger over all others, their goal is to prove blacks and whites can exist integrated in these systems whites started. And they are achieving that. The problem is in NY that is satisfactory as the goal of being an aracial people is in the potential future. but in louisiana that isn't the case. Blacks don't like whites and whites don't like blacks in majority, so while black or white people in Louisiana , like the former mayor of new orleans landrieu, may see themselves as serving all of louisiana that isn't a good goal for the situation. It is clear that Louisiana's populace on the ground is a different creature and that isn't a problem. The USA is a federation for a reason. The white slavers that started this government knew that no people under any government in human history are every truly one, always a minority or another exist and they need space to be. The problem is those people don't have a goal that involves the betterment of the black community. tHeir goal is already succeeded, they are black continuing the status quo of whites. That is how a person in one community shows they can lead many in another by not empowering their own:) And while that goal seems to be good enough for the black community in New York, I don't think it is good enough for the black community in louisiana?