Black History by Zeke continued

(1)    My hope is to structure my   comment on Black history into  two sections,  one pertaining to transAtlantic slave trade and the Americas.  Second pertaining to the  history of the tranSahara slave  trade and the African continent  But that is the ideality of  the matter. 

(2)   Free access to early Black newspapers is below, but other online sites may have the Washington Bee and New York Age  more complete holdings.  Some bound volumes sold on E-bay may have  these two important historical papers.    

https://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/newspapers/?state=&ethnicity=African+American&language=

(3)   Free  pdfs  of Black history slave trade  books  --      https://epdf.pub/the-dutch-in-the-atlantic-slave-trade-1600-1815b17f4fa5a9dc6ff05363fec5f4caea3151291.html

This particular book by Potsma sells for $100, and its appendixes are indispensible for slave trade historians.

(4)   For historian of Black cinema,  the book  the

‘Ghost Walks’   by Sampson        2nd or 3rd  edition  only --  hardcover,  no more than $10.00     There is a hardback history for Reol  Pictures published in the 1990s, the first  Black cinema.

(6)  Below are five pages from Aimee book on History of Cuba slave trade.  Emphasis on the re-exportation of slaves in the Carribbean isles and its factoring on reparations.   bcuba4.thumb.jpg.88d01a32cc3b73c052e8cf97307cb648.jpg 

(7)      One page from AB Caldwell’s 1917 collection  ‘History of American Negro and His Institutions’   --  at least one volume each for five different states  .     ---    https://archive.org/details/texts?query=caldwell+history+american+negro

(8)  Three pages from relatively new book – ‘Slavery in the Sudan’, by Mohamed Nugud    --     my hardback  cost $20.00  --   shop around for it, not worth the asking price of  $100.00    

(9)   Below is two pages from the ‘Ethiopian Royal Chronicles’

(10)    Two pages from the   ‘Muqaddimah’  

(11)  Jessie Faucett and Langson Hughes photo which should be in the public domain.  Dixie to Broadway from the 1920s.

(12)   Redbook on ABCs of systems programming can be found on IBM site,  www.redbooks.com   --  self teaching books

(17) Taft on Industrial education and the Negro.

cuba1.jpg

cuba2.jpg

cuba3.jpg

cuba5.jpg

cuba6.jpg

zu 1.gif

zu 2.gif

zu 6.gif

zu 7.gif

zu 8.gif

zu 9.gif

zu 10.gif

zu 3.gif

zu 4.gif

zu 5.gif

zu 20.gif

zu 21.gif

zu 23.gif

zu 24.gif

jessie fausett langston hughes 1927.jpg

From Dixie to Broadway.jpg

I had to google the term 'click-bait'.   I just clicked the cover of the article above, and then the whole article appeared, showing Phillipa Schyuler and others.   I guess that might be 'click-bait'.    But that  is not what I meant by posting the cover of the  JET magazine from the 1950s,  and the ‘Dixie to Broadway’ photo  of the 1920s,  They were intended to be milestones to show what we valued then, and versus what we value today.   We haven’t moved one inch.    Carter Woodson, one of the fathers of Black history,  termed it ‘mis-education of the Negro’, hatred of one’s own race, as has been taught to Blacks since we were taken as slaves from Africa.   White propaganda to destroy the Black civilization.   storm6.thumb.jpg.3d8966e918224780671f6fdce442bba1.jpg

storm0.gif.72e9c8f2062fa0f3c3aa456e2d405248.gif         

Psychotic Blacks using skin lighteners,  and miscegenation to escape their ‘ugly/inferior’ Blackness, is what JET and EBONY magazines were about in the 1940s and 1950s, and not the creation of Black racial unity.  When ‘Black matter’ comprises 95% of the physical universe, and God created light out of darkness, and not vice versa.  Mankind originated in Black Africa.  It is this partially self-imposed  psychosis of Blacks,  the desire to withdraw from the own Blackness, and to be White, after thousands of generations of being Black, that is satanic.  Many Blacks are telling the God of the universe that the Black race should not exist.   That ain’t dangerous, that is foolhardy because God said everything that he created was ‘good’.   

Below are 1914  pastors from book  ‘History of Louisiana Negro  Baptists’.

Louis.thumb.jpg.f25fdd5d4e564040930e763edfbdb73c.jpg

Below is the cover for Nugud’s book, ‘Slavery in the Sudan’,  four pages from the book posted in the comment above.  $30.00 at most for a hardback copy, good history resource for slavery by Arabs.    

storm4.gif.b4bbb950bd78654d6ffdbcfa2167f5ca.gif  

Below is part of article by James Robertson in Civil War Times Illustrated, which says Blacks lost about 68,000 in the Civil War, but only about 2,500 to action deaths.  

storm3.gif.03658858b4cc6e5410f3fcfcbfe9a998.gifstorm2.gif.19d921d875512889ae83350c04ca92cd.gif  

More of the 'mis-education' of the Negro is below.

storm1.gif.88d272f991d79b68926d2b321f3a9517.gif 

4 hours ago, zeke1234 said:

But that  is not what I meant by posting the cover of the  JET magazine from the 1950s,  and the ‘Dixie to Broadway’ photo  of the 1920s, 

Yes i know. I appreciate my comment was a diversion which is why I spawned another conversation.

i never saw the film stormy weather what is bad about it?

You can get a DVD copy from am*zon.com  or ebay.com  for $5.00 or less.  You have to interpret

its meaning yourself, as it relates to Blacks'  Jim Crow (1865-1965)  history (separate but equal).   'The Horne'

sings  'stormy weather', her version of what the 'blues' has been to Black people, an expression of their

feelings of being down and out in their life situation.   My father was 18 years old in 1944 when 'the Horne' was

bigtime, and all he talked about as I was growing up in the 1960s, was 'the Horne'.    She married at least one White fellow,

maybe two.  My own interpretation is Black skinned Bill Robinson wins light skinned Horne affections, and light skinned Cab

Calloway isn't even a suitor.   It is what I call, and what has been true in most of my family history, dark skinned male suitor

chases and wins light skinned 'big time'  female.   We see the same thing in the Reol movies (King Vidor?) from the 1920s

and all of the other 'race'  movies from the 1930s.   Carter Woodson and other critics within our race, call it

propaganda, 'mis-education of the Negro'.   

Moving on,  in my comment posted above, President William Taft spoke about ‘industrial education’, as it related to the ‘Negro problem’   (ie, what are Whites going to do about the Negro around the year 1900).  Teaching Blacks to be carpenters, work in  trades.  Booker T. Washington  1900 book  below acknowledge three types of education, industrial, higher education in things like philosophy and politics (at that time, not for most Blacks).  And  the third type of education, for the Black masses down South, 'put down your bucket in the cotton field where you are standing, pick cotton', and don’t upset the White status quo.  zz53.gif.5d9c22951668ced2113753a1452f0edd.gifzz60.gif.b077cebdd469bb0165244706669fe319.gif  

WEB DuBois below,  Black race leader and co-founder of NAACP, was one of the few  'higher education'  Blackszz52.gif.c4d417c57bce67686311bd15e45cc9fb.gif.     

You can download this book pdf  format,  at ‘book archives’  on the Internet.    All Blacks should know that there was a house of slaves (‘casa de escravos’)  in Lisbon, Portugal in the 1500s attached to the royal palace, where all African slaves had to be registered and taxes collected  by the government.  The slave trade was run by the Portuguese government, who sold licenses to others, that carried out the actual business of slavery.   

casa1.thumb.jpg.b9a66ab63a21936ba84d6fda31a30182.jpg  casa2.thumb.jpg.f9f53bff69cf7bea976506cb20a5ca94.jpg

In a similar vein in Seville, Spain, the was a house of contracts (‘casa de contratacion’)  that fullfilled a similar function on behalf of the Spanish government in the 1500s. 

casa3.thumb.jpg.859f5490a7d5c2b8764495ffccd5cc9d.jpg  casa4.thumb.jpg.87cc5cfa5b5cb4887e928e85383ae626.jpg

From the same book.  And as you can see, the first African slaves were sent to the Western Hemisphere (Santa Domingo) in 1510  to work in gold mines.   Many of the early slave trade financiers were Italians, and converted to Christianity Jews.

Any attempts for reparations should be directed at the governments of Portugal, Spain, Holland, England, France, the Catholic Church etc,  they did the financing and transporting of Blacks to America, and where the chief benefactors of Black labor.  Reparations should be put in a living trust, partially dispensed to those Blacks in the Carribbean Islands and South America first.  No reparations to the offspring of miscegenationists born after the end of Jim Crow in 1965,  recent children of the slave master. 

Some Black history books are below.

“Our Baptist Ministers and Schools’  – 1895   Pegues    (loaded with photos) 

https://archive.org/details/nationalcycloped01richrich      1919    good download

‘Afro-american encyclopedia’,     1895    loaded with photos and good copy is worth $150.00                                     

‘Story of a rising race’ --  1902

Micheaux 1920/1930 movies elevated light skinned Blacks.                                                                                                     ‘Oscar Micheaux and his circle : African-American filmmaking and race cinema of the silent era’                                                                                                                                                                                                         ‘Oscar Micheaux, the great and only : the life of America's first Black filmmaker’, by McGilligan, Patrick