Your thoughts to text to video?

What will you like to see Text to video?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use text prompts to get computers to make simulated art

• yes
    • no

The technology in and of itself is great. In the hands of Google, I’m not a fan.

Google has single-handedly destroyed the web. They started out with the terrific search engine, then turned it a tool that undermines the entire rest of the World Wide Web. The search engine has been completely perverted. They’ve allowed advertisers to completely dominate the search engine results , page often leading people to shitty websites.

But when you’re introduce these AI, I can see Google very easily just using AI to answer peoples questions rather than sending people to websites. That may seem good, but in order to train their AI they have to scrape the All the information provided by websites, books, and other content creators, without compensation, of course.

As this continues, the rest of the web is undermined and users stay locked into Google. This is not good. This is even worse than Amazon, being the only place people buy things online.

For the time being Google will remain dominant, and the potential of the web will be stunted for another generation.

• Like 1

I concur @Troy

but I want to say, like many industries the problem is the usa itself. The usa doesn't have a history of managing inudstries well. They let industries fly as long as they make money and can pay for government protection. Googe is part of the digital six. 

I argue the only answer is alternative networks outside the usa that will free populaces outside the usa. 

China shows the way as at least china has its own ecosystem. 

Yes the American system is certainly a big part of the problem.  As for a fix, I'm completely stumped. I thin making Google pay a fair share of taxes and the government taking that money a helping people.

• Like 1