POSSE review from Movies That Move We

Who is the best, please state how you determine best, Black Cowboy in film?  

1. 1. I can't recall a black cowboy in space film, am I wrong?

• yes- please tell me the film?
    • no

MY THOUGHTS

1:37 why did Zenobia hate it! I want to know the why. Did Zenobia like "the harder they fall" or "concrete cowboy" ? Does Zenobia like any cowboy films in general.

4:01 yes, the cowboys were originally the person near the cow who guides them.

5:06 hmm good point, a less talked about part of black history in the usa, that black people don't tend to talk about alot. I wonder why do you think?

6:15 no, he got in a fight with the whites at the town and was to be executed/imprisoned or he can conscript. He conscripted but tried to leave three times ,, attacked a superior officer and that brought him to cuba in the military. He was a lieutenant.

9:31 I love how you did the voice Nike of the short guy.

9:57 Bless you Nike, futuristic cowboy:) who would Zenobia like to see as the director? the same director?

10:53 this movie plays into the western myth style. ahhh Zenobia hasn't even seen it.

11:48 she wants Posse with an all female cast. :) Zenobia:) this is meant to be a western myth film.

12:39 Gang of roses is the film with lil kim

13:01 the movie is direct. In defense, Peebles has been in war for a long time. That is the truth. Soldiers don't come back from war, or are on the run, reminiscing , singing songs. yes, Nike. And he always told them to follow him if they want but no questions. He really is a pure man in black.

15:40 education is power is the message and your right Nike, the movie is stating its purpose

16:15 you did see a native american woman hanged.

18:10 Zenobia is funny, she said wakanda , kkk

18:50 I think they were performed well cause they are frustrated, but it is backlogged. It is a tentative. It is a frustrated scene. They love each other, but this is a love that had a beautiful beginning and has been delayed and waylayed for years.

21:22 Zenobia , your review isn't bad. it is honest, but it is about aesthetic. Peebles wanted the man in black to be truly that. Films tend to present the man in black historically as very talkative, very expressive. CLint eastwood in unforgiven is very quiet. eastwood is married to a native american woman and it seems loveless, he leaves her on the land and that is that.

21:46 good point to harlem nights. Posse was a collage film. yes, big daddy kane was a great father time. and like harlem nights they can't come back.

25:34 yeah, classic. for the black dos western genre, you will find it is preceded by Buck and the preacher and then follwoed by harder they fall

IN AMENDMENT

In John Wick 4 , Keanu Reeves went against an earlier script and cut out all the talking for John Wick's character, same as Jesse Lee in Posse. As a writer who believes in non verbal communication as well as an attentive challenge. I write characters that don't always fit the audiences expectation in how they speak or act non verbally. So Zenobia's point is a good thing to comprehend in the commercial desire of a film or story. As a reviewer said to a stageplay of mine. IF you go against the commonly accepted cues the audience wants, it will hinder/harm/have some negative aspect to the liking of your work. I think she was right and Zenobia proves it. 

IN AMENDMENT PART 2

a film outlaw posse has been made, i don't think it is a sequel to posse