Why Don't You Just Look It Up Online?

In the real world, whether I'm at work or on the street....if I'm talking to somebody and I'm trying to remember something I often will ask them or give myself a while to try to remember it myself.
Some people ask, why not just look it up on your phone?

Because I don't want to.

I like the feeling of REMEMBERING certain things and I'll sometimes wait a whole day trying to remember something and use the internet only as a last resort.
I like using my brain.

I usually don't use calculators for the same reason.
I'll grab a sheet of paper and do it with a pen.
A lot of younger people under 30 will crowd around me in amazement and wonder what I'm doing and ask me if I'm playing some sort of game....lol.

It's the same online.
If I'm having a conversation with somebody, I can easily flip to another window and look it up but I don't care too much for doing that in most situations.
I like the idea of either remembering it myself or the person I'm communicating with remembering it.

It seems more "realistic" that way.
And a bit more "fair" not to go running to Google for everything.

I take pride in having an encyclopedic memory when it comes to some things. But, as I get older, I'm dumping a lot of useless data too.  No dementia or Alzheimers for me.🤣😎

I always look up things that I don't know the answer to or that I'm curious about. i don't waste time trying to remember what I never knew. I:'ve always been  about  expanding my mind!

This is the case with most people - except for those with narrow minds who only want to reinforce what limited knowledge the have stored in their memory and are deluded enough to believe  that they already  know everything there is to know.

• Haha 1

Cynique

I:'ve always been  about  expanding my mind!

Have you considered dropping LSD or popping a few Molly pills?
I've heard they really "expand" the mind....lol.

except for those with narrow minds who only want to reinforce what limited knowledge the have stored in their memory and are deluded enough to believe  that they already  know everything there is to know.

So...when do you plan on breaking out of this vicious cycle?