Multiple movies based on one black book

Do you have a favorite book written by someone black that has been made into a movie at least once, at least twice? Comment what it is if so.  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Do you think a book should have a limit on how many films are made based on it?

• yes
    • no

I realize with the second version of the color purple, how many black books have been reimagined in screen at least twice. I think fences by august wilson has been adapted at least twice. Color purple now twice, but it begs the question, how many? It may be revealing to find out how many black created works of literature have been made into films at least twice. What do said books have in common, or not? what about their reception?

I am a fan of the book " I am legend" by richard matheson and a fan of both "last man on earth" with vincent price + "I am legend" by will smith. The following comparison is interesting to view. I admit I learned about the omega man, a movie i never saw... i don't care for charlton heston. 

URL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW5pasjZBXo

my comment
yeah only in the last man on earth do you get the sense like in the book that neville is the bad guy to the future