57 minutes ago57 min comment_83687 Freddie Jackson, fixture of 1980s R&B, dies at 69August Brown/Los Angeles Times/TNS Oct 9, 2026 When I lived in Harlem I would see Freddie Jackson from time to time. Once, in a now defunct men's salon in my old neighborhood in Harlem. Freddie was in the chair next to me. I asked my barber, a sister, what was he having done to his hair? She he was having it dyed and asked if I wanted to try. I said, "Sure, why not?" Interestingly, not a single person noticed. Two years later I started shaving it all off.May he rest in peace. Report
32 minutes ago32 min comment_83688 Freddie Jackson had a string of R&B hits in the 1980s. The brotha could definitely sang. Freddie was among the R&B finest before New Jack Swing came along & reshaped the landscape of R&B music.To this day, folks are still playing "You Are My Lady" or "Jam Tonght". RIP Mr. Freddie Jackson. 😎 Report
Create an account or sign in to comment