HOUSE NEGRO POLITICIANS AND PREACHERS

LAST NIGHT I SAW A DOCUMENTARY ON BLACK CIVIL RIGHTS FROM THE 1960'S..SOUNDTRACK OF THE REVOLUTION....CLARENCE THOMAS IS NOT THURGOOD MARSHALL ON THE SUPREME COURT...BLACK PREACHERS ARE NOT DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING OR THE OTHER PREACHERS THAT WERE INVOLVED...BLACK PREACHERS ARE JUST AS BAD AND JUDAS CLARENCE THOMAS...IF THE RICH AND FAMOUS BLACK CAN SLINK AND SLITHER ON STAGE FOR BLACK AWARDS ,THEY CAN MARCH AND PROTEST ,THAT HELPED THEM GET WHERE THEY ARE.......BLACK ACHIEVEMENT AWARDS,NAACP,ESSENCE AND TRUMPET AWARDS SHOULD GO TO BLACK REPUBLICANS ,IT IS STUPID...GIVE ONE TO HERMAN CAIN....

• Like 3

Well, boitumelo, in your repetitioius rants, you generalize too much about black preachers. All of them are not corrupt child molesters, and most black celebrities, although not activists, do contribute money to civil rights causes and charities, if for no other reason than to provide them with tax write-offs. In fact, to polish their images and boost their careers a lot of them establish foundations in their names to create the impression that they are "giving back". Certain activists are, themselves, professionals who earn their living by raising funds for popular causes, a good perentage of these funds going to pay their high salaries. It's all a big sham.

Republicans are just "persona non grata" presences in high profile black organizations, because too many of them are preceived as Uncle Toms. Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell have escaped this stigma, but Clarence Thomas and Herman Cain just exude that shuffling quality of sucking up to white people, their attitudes implying that I got mine, now all of you sorry-assed niggas need to find a way to get yours. Real humanitaries and philanthropists don't require trophies and plaques. Their rewards are derived from the satisfaction of helping those in need.

"Condoleeza Rice and Colin Powell have escaped this stigma..." Well Cynique that depends upon the circles you role in -- especially for Condi.

"Real humanitarians [sic] and philanthropists don't require trophies and plaques. Their rewards are derived from the satisfaction of helping those in need."

This is very true, but because of the way we recognize people, the real humanitarians do not get the resources that they could get. Those funds go to the most popular. So all those awards mean something in that they can help raise the profiles of real humanitarians. But they generally go to celebrities, which is more profitable.

In the circles I roll in, black women had a higher opinion of Condeleeza than black men, Troy. Condi was smart and articulate and worked her way up to a high position but, insecure "brothers" preferred to ridicule her and portray her as being enamoured of the president. She didn't do a lot of sucking up which is why people like Dick Cheney resented her. "Inside sources" say that "Dubya" depended on her for advice and respected her opinions, and in this capacity, she did wield a degree of power. To me, General Colin Powell was masquerading as a politician. He always seemed to be smirking at the Republicans and winking at the Democrats. He had that teflon facade and black folks don't seemed to have blamed him for the weapons of mass destruction fiasco. Now he's a very popular motivational speaker at black events.

Moderate Republicans can make the cut with the black award-bestowers, but if they didn't give Michael Steele his props as the first black Chairman of the Repubican National Committee, I doubt if they'll acknowledge Herman Cain's becoming the CEO of a pizza company. All of the awards handed out by traditionally liberal black organizations do seem to be focused more on celebrity than accomplishment - a testament to their vapidity.

boitumelo's view represents the mixed emotions black people experience. Black ministers of today take a lot of heat because they seem so greedy and ineffective but everybody agrees that our race needs spiritual renewal. Black Republicans seem to be more reflective of personal success than black Democrats who appeal to the rank-and-file black folks, but neither party has been able to make a big difference in the plight of America's black population. Barack Obama is a symbol of this impotency.

• Like 1

I mentioned Condi because I once described her as attractive, sexy in a way a :wub: I said I would "go for that". I was looked at like I had too heads by the women. One even questioned my sanity. I was like home girl has money, power, has never been married and can even play the piano -- whats not to love.

Quick name one Black republican that is respected by the Black community? The congressional Black Caucus doesn't even embrace Black Republicans. I get grief for having folks like Thomas Sowell, Shelby Steele, or even folks like Juan Williams.

The culture need spiritual renewal. I can't see that coming for your garden variety preacher though...