Blurring the lines

Twitter is still blowing up and everybody continues to be all up in arms over Miley Cyrus' dancing exhibition at the Video Music awards Sunday.  Even more riled are the parents of young fans of wholesome Hannah Montana, the alter ego who Miley formerly portrayed on the Disney channel TV show of the same name.

Me, I can't stop laughing.  I knew we were in trouble as soon as Miley erupted on stage sporting a close-shaved hair-do that featured 2 horn-like knots sprouting from the sides of her head,  lashing her tongue like a seductive serpent.   To be honest, her grinding gyrations were devilishly lewd, made even more so when she stripped down to her scanty underwear, shaking her booty, bending over, peeking between her legs, simulating masturbation and twerking Robin Thicke who joined her on stage to sing his racy chart topping hit, "Blurred Lines".  If Miley's intent was to shock everyone and to cause a world-wide stir, she succeeded by pulling out all of the stops. Take that, Lady Ga-Ga! You've been served.

I applaud Miley for not taking herself as seriously as all these scandalized adults do.  She's a brazen, free spirit obviously not interested in being a role model, undoubtedly believing that this is a job for mothers to fill. Furthermore, the VH-1 video awards show have never been for their decorum.   

With the news that America is once again gearing up to wage war, stopping its launching of drones in Iraq long enough to teach Syria a lesson in the ethics of mass murder, Miley's pop culture brouhaha is a welcome distraction.  By making plans to intervene in the civil unrest taking place in Syria, Obama, his UN flunkies and war mongering generals have made Miley and her raging hormones a passionate alternative of making love, not war.   

Do your thing,  Miley! Thumb your nose at the stuffiness of propriety.  It'll all be forgotten next week.

• Like 1

Just like Madonna.
White females always do something rauncy and outrageous to get noticed.
They know just what to do to piss off White men.

Twerking and grinding into the crotch of Robin and dancing with a bunch of Black girls is sure to bring calls and cries of the end of Western Civilization from the more conservative of society.
That's what she's looking for....it brings her mor attention and more money.

It't not a big deal to me.
Especially having spent so much time in Canada and watching Canadian television where nudity is featured on a regular basis.
Only in a Puritanical based society where sex is considered evil or the original sin can Miley get that type of attention.