Search Black, Magazines, Newspapers, Booksellers

:) Good question.

Given that every English language word, including misspellings, and most meaningful 2 or 3 word phases have been "dotcomed" mostly by entities registering names purely for the sake of hoping someone will pay for them.  Picking a decent URL for a website is not easy.

As a result, when looking for a meaningful domain name for the website, whose original goal was to help visitors discover the global Black world wide web, I decided to look at Swahili words.  I began looking for words which represented what the my new site would represent.  I thought about independence and the self-reliance the websites I catalogued would need and I found the work Huria which is defined as:

huria1 noun

freedom, liberty, independence

huria2 adjective

free, independent, self-sufficient, autonomous

huria3 adverb

freely, liberally, openly, without restraint

Huria definition source: African Languages.com

Now the logo is another story: my buddy, who came up with the logo thought the rooster fit. Seems odd he would do that but I liked it and figured I could back into a meaning for it. I have two; (1) The Rooster represents a wakeup call for our, in my opinion, slumbering people; (2) The cock's head could be that of Abraxas but without knowing very much about the obscure Gnostic symbol I figure I stick with the wakeup call reference ;-)