Precious continues its winning way

Hello All,

The movie Precious was just nominated for four BAFTA awards, The British equivalent to the Oscars. The movie was nominated for Best Picture, Best Actress for Gabby, Best Supporting Actress for Mo'Nique. I don't know what the fourth nomination is in. One omission in the Best Actress category is Sandra Bullock. Could Gabby stand a chance at getting an award? I hope so.

Hello All,

The movie Precious was just nominated for four BAFTA awards, The British equivalent to the Oscars. The movie was nominated for Best Picture, Best Actress for Gabby, Best Supporting Actress for Mo'Nique. I don't know what the fourth nomination is in. One omission in the Best Actress category is Sandra Bullock. Could Gabby stand a chance at getting an award? I hope so.

Well Thump, in my humble opinion, I do not think Precious was the Best Picture, nor will it winning any grand wards. Maybe it can snag a BET award but we don't even want to go there.

But for the rest of the categories, it's possible. But see, since we are not in a post-racial society, and we all know that "race" is always in the race, I know nothing about the voting habits of the BAFTA. But black performers have always said that some Europeans are more accepting, open and honest, about the artistic values of black performers. I am sure you know a little something about the past history of the BAFTA. I know you know a lot about their love of black writers. Tell us what you know. Sprinkle us with your words of wisdom.