Gathering the Waters

Guest Keisha-Gaye Anderson

I'm very excited to share with you information about my debut poetry collection, Gathering the Waters (Jamii Publishing, 2014). Here's what people have to say about the collection:

"Keisha-Gaye Anderson is comfortable in the language and truth of her poems. Hers is a necessary voice for our times. These poems sing, dance, rumble and cry out like sweet thunder from the coral colored shore of her poetic terrain. I am in awe of these spirit vocals, these healing water sounds."

--Cheryl Boyce-Tayor, poet and author of Convincing The Body

"Gathering the Waters is a potent book of poetry that can intoxicate your senses. Keisha wields her pen like a Samurai swordsman. Her poetry deals with the personal us, the intimate us, and the history of us. Keisha's poetry takes you on a wonderfully exciting journey through the culture and beauty of being Black, with the promise of tomorrow." 

--Abiodun Oyewole, The Last Poets

About me:

I am a Jamaican-born a poet and writer. Gathering the Waters was selected from over 100 manuscripts for publication by Jamii Publishing in 2014. I am a past participant of VONA Voices and Callaloo Creative Writing workshops, and was short listed for the Small Axe Literary competition in 2010. I am also a past fellow of the North Country Institute for Writers of Color. My writing has been published in a number of literary journals and magazines, including Renaissance Noire, Mom Egg Review, Killens Review of Arts and Letters, Mosaic Literary Magazine, African Voices Magazine, and Caribbean in Transit Arts Journal. As a former journalist, I have produced long-form documentary television with CBS, PBS and NHK (Japanese TV), and have contributed freelance articles to magazines like Teen People, Psychology Today, and Black Enterprise. I hold an M.F.A. in Creative Writing from The City College, CUNY.

To learn more about my work, visit www.keishagaye.com. To get your copy of Gathering the Waters, visit amazon.com.

• Like 1