OUT OF THE LOOP

I’m close to turning in my Liberal card and giving full sway to my inner bigot. I really hate right-wing Conservatives but, more and more,  Liberals and their repressive politically-correct demands are starting to irk me.  I’m tired of being expected to walk in lock-step with their party line which requires such things as heaping praise and awards on Caitlyn Jenner.  I accept that this LGBT poster child should be free to embrace "its" inner identity, but that doesn’t nullify my right to think that Caitlyn is anything other than a cross-dressing male who I find annoying and ridiculous. 

I’m also tired of risking the homophobe designation because Gays turn me off with their overbearing demands that everyone be comfortable with their public displays of affection and their walk-down-the-aisle wedding ceremonies that turn them into “husband” and “wife”; it’s enough that I concur with their being allowed to marry whomever they want .  But, I’m not obligated to refrain from rolling my eyes and pursing my lips at what I consider bizarre.  

And, then, there are the Muslims; yes, I agree that they are entitled to religious freedom,  but I am also free to not like their beliefs or the burkas their women swath themselves in or the fact that I would view with suspicions any Arab passenger on an airplane with me.

And forget the requirement to indiscriminately side with females crying rape after voluntarily putting themselves in a compromising position, expecting  a horny dog to turn into a cuddly puppy after they decide at the last second to change their mind about "going all the way".  Agreed that, “no” means “no”, but. you are not a heroine because you later cloak yourself in righteous indignation and publicly finger the culprit. You are more of a bad decision-maker who risked becoming a victim of sexual assault because you underestimated the effect  provocative drunkeness  and revealing clothes have on testosterone.  I’ll save my sympathetic support for innocent victims assaulted by strangers or over-aggressive acquaintances.

Currently, it’s the incident that happened in the Columbia, South Carolina school.  I’m sick of the excuse-making for bad-assed kids of any race who disrespect authority and expect the world to adjust to their defiant whims, thereby sending the wrong message to their peers, thanks to the rationales advanced by their defenders. True, the victim who was brutally accosted by this cretin cop did not deserve his overreaction.  But why is it a “no-no” to remind that if she hadn’t been disrupting the classroom, refusing to cooperate with the teacher and being inconsiderate of her classmates, none of this would’ve happened. 

Am I a Donald Trump supporter, you ask?  Hell no because this blustering egomanic wants his personal prejudices to be become the law. Does Ben Carson apppeal to me, you wonder? No way, because this weirdo is out of touch with reality. I’m just a venting skeptic on the verge of disassociating myself from bleeding heart Liberals. 

Sigh.  One of the things I always looked forward to was mellowing with age.  But the ridiculous state of America has soured me.  tsk-tsk. What to do, what to do... 

• Like 2