E-Mail Solicitation

Hey Troy,

I received this e-mail and wanted to see what you thought about it. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

My name is Jackie Velnoskey. I saw that you have written One Hour To Wealth. My question for you is: may I promote the book at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books in L.A., early April? It costs you nothing. All I'm asking you in return is if we may add you to our book marketing email list.

I'm giving you two LA Times promotion options to choose from: 1: you may forward a copy of your book to our address (see below), and we'll display it in L.A., or 2: we'll include your work in the Hot Indy Author Guide that we're displaying and distributing during the LA Times event. Either option is free. Check out our Facebook page when we report live from L.A. where over 150,000+ are expected to attend.

At America Star Books we have a book promotion department that does nothing but offering book promotion at the lowest fees in the nation. We attend all of the big fairs and festivals: Book Expo America, London Book Fair, Frankfurt Book Fair, Miami Book Fair International, the American Library Association mid-winter and annual Conferences, Baltimore Book Festival, and so on.

All I am asking you at this time is if we may add you to our email list when we issue our next book promotion offers. You may at any time unsubscribe, and we will promptly cease sending you any further emails. America Star Books has been around for more than fifteen years, serving over 60,000 authors. Participating in book promotion is entirely optional.

Thank you for considering this opportunity. I am looking forward to hearing back from you.

—Jackie Velnoskey
America Star Books Special Services, manager
301-744-7589

• 3 years later...
Guest LostCoast&Found

C'mon.... we just need to apply the age-old adage of "if it seems too good to be true it usually is... and ifs not, stay away from that SHXT, cause it's the devil" I added a new aged addition by quoting dame dash. 

Especially out-the-blue physical promotion from in their own words, established company. Very sketch indeed my friends. And legally it sounds like you're agreeing to a subscription of some sort but it's written in a tone under her breath... I saw somewhere else that an author agreed to this and then was demanded payment and threatened with suits. But I'm glad I got their number now, Ima have a lil chat with them. Jah Bless. 1ove.