Sambos Double Shuffle: A Nigger Dance

Over the years I've received all kinds of racist hate mail and spam. I've accepted this as part of the territory of advocating for Black people. Generally I just ignore, but over the past few months I've been the target of a particular inspired group of spammers.

This photo was posted on my site. Again I know better than to "feed the trolls," but these guys put some much effort into mocking me I did not want this to got to waste. I have say this make me laugh when I first saw it--it was posted on one my pages. I know I should be outraged but I guess over the years I've become desensitized to this stuff.

The original image was from sheet music published in 1883. Music that I'm sure is being performed somewhere today...

troy-dancing.jpg

Cynique actually I do take this seriously.  A lot of effort and time is involved in what these folks are doing.  Besides taking the time with the creation of customized graphics.  They are spoofing ip address from all over the world, spoofing email address including ones from my own domain.  In fact, they may be the ones responsible for making my site unavailable last saturday.  It is virtually impossible to tie these folks down to a single individual or group.

The web is still a lot like the wild west, there is no rule of law.  No one is going to protect you but yourself, and your ability to protect yourself is a function of your resources, time money and energy--and I have no money.

Again I've been doing this over 18 years it has never been easy.

Remember, I had to abandon the last discussion forum several years ago because the software developers could not keep up with the spammers.  While humor may soften the emotional blow, it is not very useful as a form of protection.

No doubt about it, they're internet terrorists.  Back in the 70s, when  I used to write my black experience column, the newspaper would forward to me all the unopened mail I received and was addressed to the paper. I received scads of hate mail like this. Same thing, different media.  Bigots like this are an ongoing threat and Trump is undoubtedly their hero.  I'm kinda case-hardened but I do sympathize with you, even as I dread what lies ahead for this polarized racist country.

• Like 1

Troy

It is admirable that you do not let this bother, while balancing that with the acute knowledge of reality we live in. This mentality has a presence it's just the degree that varies

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah Guest Maker of Pics you've been busy.  I have not shared all of your creations, but it was not due to your lack of creativity.

Judging by the IP address you used to make this post, some Romanian based server that is on more Blacklists than I can count, I suspect you may indeed be the "artist."

But I'm sure you are U.S. based; most likely in the south (that is usually where my spammers are based). I suspect you are a young, white male, who is unemployed or under-employed, bored. Probably smarter than those around him, with few outlets to express your abilities, probably no one nearby who would appreciate them anyway.

Whatever the case, you are wasting your time dogging me. Your talents could be put to more productive use.  Not that you'd take advise from someone like me...