VOICE FROM THE PAST

In another forum Troy wrote:

"Of the named discussion forums Cynique is the only one who still actively participates. I named the forum for Cynique to honor her contributions.  It was not something that she asked me to do. This will be the name of the forum as long as I'm running this site.

The Poetree was named for Sister Sheree Sarana, because she volunteered to moderate the forum.  Unfortunately she did not hang around very long.  I'm open to renaming it for another moderator, but I haven't mentioned this to anyone. When I'm finished the upgrade I'll invest more in actively promoting all the forums.

The Literature forum is named for a prolific poster whose pseudonym was "Thumper."  He was such a big participant that he essentially became the brand of the forum, so I named it for him.  But Thumper left abruptly.  I just checked when he made has last post; it was made in January of 2011 when he wrote "I'm back."    I doubt I'll rename this forum, but if someone actually volunteered to actively run it I would do it, albeit with a heavy heart. "

Guess what I came across while scrolling down FaceBook lane yesterday?  A posted review of "Dawn of Justice", the Superman vs Bat Man movie that just came out!  And who was the review written by?  None other than Thumper!  The critique was his usual fare and he was in rare form, sounding like his old self.  Although he thought the movie was too long, he gave it an over-all  favorable rating.  In general, reviews of this movie have been mixed. I'm interested in seeing how it will do at the box office.

• Like 1

Whoa! Thumper lives!  But he has turned to the dark side :o  

I would have never guessed that Cynique.  Are his reviews on Facebook getting the same kind of attention that they got here (comments)?  If so that is great for Facebook.  As much as I liked reading Thumper's stuff, I can't bring myself to line Marks pockets any more than I am now.

But Thumper publishing he reviews on Facebook a disheartening revelation indeed.  I can only assume he would be at complete odds on my stance on the social media platform.... Oh well.

By the way I heard the movie sucked.  My kids saw it and does not recommend it.  This film too goes into my I'll watch it when it is available on Red Box, which is will be before the end fo the year.