Book Review Request

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Trina -- My concern for you is that your book is priced way too high for a book of only 48 pages. If you sell it for 99 cents, I think you'll get more traction.  My novel is 358 pages. I also think you should reconsider the cover. Most books for children or young adults that I know of do not showcase the protagonist individual's photo on the front. I would put that on the back cover, and come up with something a bit more showy (colors, fonts, etc.) If you used Author House or Create Space, they should be able to come up with a suitable cover.  It took me 15 years to write my novel and I've only published one book, so I don't think I am an authority. I just want you to be realistic about what you're going to get with the price you're asking people to pay. As you can see I am pretty critical, so I'm not the best reviewer for you. But I do wish you well.

Edited by VL Towler
added a word

@Trina Jordan, I agree with VL. While I've never written a novel myself I do consider myself an authority on books in the digital space ;)  I've been an active user of Amazon since it was invented.

There are three main issues here (and I write this for your sake as well as other authors who may also be reading this).

1. It is looks like there were some issues loading your book(s) information in Amazon.  Surely the images of the cute little girl alone is not the book cover. How many books do you actually have is it three? 
  2. You should share the information about your book's description here.  There are a lot of reasons for this, but paramount among them is that few people will actually follow the links--save folks a step and describe the book, they can always go your site for more information
  3. Speaking of sites, get your own website.  Amazon should not be your primary web presence, and if you are going to send people to Amazon--please use an affiliate code.  Read this article point #3 to learn how and why: http://aalbc.com/blog/index.php/2013/07/28/5-things-writers-must-do/ 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2016 at 11:25 AM, Trina Jordan said:

I wrote two books; one is for teens who are experiencing adult life and the other book is for teens who have not begun to experience adult life. Kiddle readers can read the entire book for free. Both books focus on teens experiencing girlfriends, boyfriends, dating, peer pressure, and employment.

Today, there are many teenagers experiencing moments in their life at a very early age. They are experimenting with sex before their 15th birthday. They are experimenting with recreational drugs before their 13th birthday.

Although the beginning of both books may have similarity, the other half of the book does not.

However, my first book includes adult content. I decided to share some of my life experiences as a married woman, which includes trials, tribulations, and understanding myself in a positive relationship. Even though the adult content was written in a modest format, I felt it was not appropriate for preteens. Therefore, I wrote the second book. I hope this book will help teens understand their life in an adult environment. I wish I had someone to guide me when I was a teen.

My second book shows a picture of a young girl. It has very similar content as my first book. Its focus is to help preteens learn to live before life becomes complicated. My reason for this book is to share with preteens at any age; the life experiences they are experiencing and will experience as they grow. I share the importance of education and understanding of oneself before high school age. I share the importance of completing a degree to understand the employers they may encounter. I hope preteens will gain insight from each chapter and hold onto it for future use. I hope preteens will refer back to this book as they reach the different stages in their life.

ISBN-13: 978-1537169378 - 2nd book and ISBN-13: 978-1530009336 - 1st book

Edited by Trina Jordan
I added the ISBN #s
  • Like 1