White. Folks. Who .Teach. In The. Hood.

There Is A Book Called For White Folks Who .Teach  In. The --,Hood .Author Talks About The Perception ,Opinion ,That --,Children Of Color ,Are Un teachable..Assuming Inner -City,Schools. Book .By Terrance Hayes .Have Not Read It. I -.Was,Looking At Books By Black Authors.

For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood... and the Rest of Y'all Too: Reality Pedagogy and Urban EducationGood find.  I'm familiar with Terrance's work as a poet, in fact, he was nominated for a National book award a couple of years ago.

However, Terrance did not write this book, For White Folks Who Teach in the Hood... and the Rest of Y'all Too: Reality Pedagogy and Urban Education was written by Christopher Emdin.

As a teacher, I think much of the failure in the classroom has less the student (or their families) and more to do with the administration.  The can squash a potentially good teacher, demoralize and force good teachers how, and fail to hold crappy teachers accountable.

My experience tells me if you give good teachers a decent wage and an opportunity to do their thing they will shine and the students will benefit.

I can't speak to this book, but reinventing the pedagogical wheel has not helped Black boys since we relinquished responsibility.

• Like 1