Book review request: Forbidden Fruit by Stanley Gazemba

Guest Shaun Randol

Guest Shaun Randol

forbidden_fruit_flat_front_cover.jpg

My name is Shaun Randol. I am the founding publisher at The Mantle and I can be reached at shaun@themantle.net. I'd like to request a review for the novel:

I can provide electronic or paperback versions for review. Here's more about the novel: 

FORBIDDEN FRUIT

Desperate to make ends meet, Ombima commits a “harmless” crime. When he tries to conceal his misdeed, the simple farm laborer becomes a reluctant participant in a sinister affair. If discovered, the consequences could be disastrous for Ombima’s family, friends, and a spate of unwitting, gossipy villagers.

A delicious tale of greed, lust, and betrayal, Stanley Gazemba’s Forbidden Fruit is more than a dramatic tale of rural life in western Kenya. The moral slips and desperate cover-ups—sometimes sad, sometimes farcical—are the stories of time and place beyond the village of Maragoli. Gazemba's novel, previously published in Kenya as The Stone Hills of Maragoli (Kwani? 2010), won the prestigious Jomo Kenyatta Prize for Literature. 

• Like 1

Impressive.  I had not idea about your publishing company--and it is located in my backyard.

I've added Gazemba's books to the website: https://aalbc.com/books/bookinfo.php?isbn13=9780998642307 and will mention this title in my next newsletter. 

Thanks for sharing this title here, keep us posted on your new books or any from your backlist that we should know about.