Black Women and Romance Novels

Hello Everyone,

I am a senior at Amherst College and I am writing a senior thesis on black women who read romance novels. I need about 10 female participants, all of whom are college educated (have attained or are pursuing Bachelors degrees), and who would describe themselves as romance novel readers. I will conduct interviews with interested participants over skype ( preferably) or the phone (if no other option is available). All the information I collect will be completely confidential, and I would be happy to share my findings with you guys after I complete the thesis. It is time to allow black women to state their own reasons for reading the kind of literature they do, and I hope any of you who are interested will contact me at shebel88@yahoo.com to make your voice heard. Thanks in advance, and I look forward to hearing from you!

I'm sure you'll be hearing from a presumptuous Chrishaden, volunteering a crock of irrelevant explanations as to why black women read romance novels.

I don't have a college degree and I rarely read books of this genre, but I would feel comfortable in speculating that with a plethora of jerks like Chrishayden around, black women seek escape between the pages of a book into a fantasy world where men are virile heroes instead of impotent heels. LOL