Ghetto Nation ,Cora. Daniels

Cora. Daniels. Writes. About. African. American   Culture.  Her,Book,Ghetto. Nation.  ,She. Says. Ghetto. Not. Where. You,Live,But. How. You. Live..     The. Ghetto. Persona,Is,Very,Demeaning. To. Black. Women ,Devalue ,Education,Celebrates. Stereo. Types....  I. Will. Add. Rap. Music,,Calling. Black. Females. Vile. Names,Glamour  Of. Crack-Cocaine,Gangs,Gang. Wars,Pimps ,Prostitutes...My. Opinion ,A,Culture. Of. Genocide.....

I seriously doubt Cora Daniels has ever lived in a Ghetto.  Cosby and others who believe all folks have to do is pull their pants up and everything in the Ghetto will change over night are either woefully ignorant or doing give a damn about the people they are talking about.

How you live is a function of where you live not the other way around.  People under stress and separate behave in ways comfortable and well off people don't understand.  Books like GhettoNation usually leave out off of the exogenous factors that play a role in creating the conditions of a Ghetto.  From the lack of government services including adequate schools, trash removal -- in some cases even water! Lack of banking services including loans. hyper policing including onerous fines and incineration for moniro offenses ignored in other communities. Lack of political presentation due to redlining, and on and on.

We could get rid of ever single ghetto tomorrow if the people in ghetto were treat the way everyone else was and is treated - with some God damned compassion.

9780385516433.jpg